Pros & Cons of Hybrid Cars
With gas prices continuing to skyrocket, you may be thinking about getting a vehicle like the Ford Explorer Hybrid for your Weatherford commute. Are hybrid cars good for saving money on gas? Do they cost more than conventional gas-powered cars? If so, are hybrid cars worth it? There are plenty of benefits of hybrid cars, but there are a couple of disadvantages as well. We want you to make informed choices when you buy your next car. So, let’s talk about the pros and cons of hybrid cars while we answer your questions.
The Benefits of Hybrid Cars
We’re going to begin this discussion of the pros and cons of hybrid cars with the positives. Here are some of the reasons many Fort Worth drivers have switched to hybrid vehicles:
Benefits of Hybrid Cars:
- Federal tax credits – Are hybrid cars worth it? They can be when you factor in federal tax credits.
- Local incentives – The State of Texas offers a $2,500 rebate for the purchase of a plug-in hybrid vehicle like the Ford Escape SE Plug-in Hybrid, as well as rebates for leasing a plug-in hybrid. Multiple utility companies also offer rebates.
- Significant fuel savings – Are hybrid cars worth it? Well, in some cases, you’ll use half as much gas as other cars.
- 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on the Ford hybrid battery – This is a very generous warranty.
- Less impact on the environment – Are hybrid cars good for the environment? Considering they use significantly less gas than most cars, absolutely!
The Disadvantages of Hybrid Cars
Now for the cons part of this discussion on the pros and cons of hybrid cars. There are a few disadvantages, though many drivers think they are minor:
Cons of Owning Hybrid Cars:
- Upfront cost – These cars sometimes come with a higher price tag than their conventional counterparts. Are hybrid cars worth it? This is where you’ll need to calculate the savings from tax credits and fuel savings to completely understand the pros and cons of hybrid cars.
- Maintenance costs – Hybrid cars require as much maintenance as gas-powered cars since they have gas engines. Additionally, the hybrid battery will eventually need to be replaced and can cost $2,000 or more. However, with the 8 year/100,000-mile warranty on the battery, you will likely trade the car in before the battery reaches its end of life.
- Not-quite-zero emissions – Are hybrid cars good for the environment? Yes. Do they produce zero emissions? No. You’ll need to buy an EV or hydrogen fuel cell car for that.
Check Out the Hybrid & EV Cars at Shottenkirk Ford Granbury of Granbury
Are you ready to experience the benefits of hybrid vehicles? Why not come down and test drive one, like the Ford Escape SE Hybrid? If you’d like to learn more, check out our other car-buying tips. Our dealership is conveniently located near Cleburne. We’re here to help, so contact us today!